Efficiency Commercial Kitchen Design and Equipment Selection
June 17, 2018 by
Tam Nguyen in
Smart design and layout of a commercial kitchen will result a significant influence on the functionality, construction and operation costs, which architects, engineers and owner operators continue to search for solutions to simplify the complexity of the food service industry. Careful planning and assemble the right Design/Build team is critical in the life of a new restaurant, in order to ensure the work flow, cost efficiency and avoid budget overruns. TAM Interiors use these tips to simplify the kitchen layout and to inform the end users of the latest trends and information in food service and innovative equipment, to help the owner operators make the best decision that most beneficial to their concept.
A few factors we used to design a functional, costs effective, energy and water efficiency are:
- Induction cooking that will reduce cooking time and energy efficiency
- Replacing convection oven and steamer with combi oven
- Reduce number of fryers and/or efficient fryers that will result in lower gas bill
- Utilize ventless equipment when applicable (no exhaust hood needed)
- Pizza oven that does not need to be under the exhaust hood
With features listed above, the benefits are:
- Reduce the length of the exhaust hood that will result in reducing the construction cost on duct work.
- Potentially eliminate the exhaust hood with all electric equipment (no gas equipment) and ventless equipment.
- Eliminate unnecessary cost on additional equipment and installation.
In addition, TAM INTERIORS can provide sustainability calculation on foodservice equipment that will help the architects, engineers, and owner operators with features:
- To increase LEED points in foodservice equipment on LEED projects
- Savings on utility bills through energy efficiency equipment
- Equipment that reduce water consumption
- The ease of operation maintenance years after
In conclusion, to ensure the efficiency of the commercial kitchen and avoid budget overruns on construction, the feature points below are factor used to design a functional commercial kitchen.
- Energy Efficient Appliances
- Simplify the cookline by simplify your menus
- Replace conventional equipment with new, innovative equipment with latest technology
- Reduce Operation Cost by replace convention equipment with new appliances
- Reduce energy and water
- Induction cooking equipment
- Reduce hood from 21’ to 15’
- Smart kitchen design
- Reduce construction cost
- Customize cook line
- Planning and staging equipment
- Conventional cookline vs. new cookline
For inquiry, please contact us or call
(303) 955 – 0233 | (719) 353-7085